PREPARATION H® Suppositories
PREPARATION H® Suppositories
If you have internal hemorrhoids, PREPARATION H® Suppositories provide prompt, soothing relief from painful burning, itching and discomfort.
PREPARATION H® Suppositories provide effective nighttime relief and reduce internal swelling.
RELIEVES: PAINFUL BURNING, ITCHING, DISCOMFORT
- Also for nighttime relief
- Relieves painful burning, itching and discomfort
- Shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
- Works immediately to protect against further irritation
Insert one suppository into the rectum up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning and after each bowel movement.
To Insert a Suppository:
1. Wash your hands before and after. Try to empty your bowel and bladder just before inserting suppository. 2. Remove the outer wrapper from the suppository before inserting it. Avoid handling the suppository too long or it will melt in your hands. 3. Lie on your side with your lower leg straightened out and your upper leg bent forward toward your stomach. Lift upper buttock to expose rectal area. 4. Insert one suppository, pointed end first, with your finger until it passes the muscular sphincter of the rectum, about 1 inch in adults. (If not inserted past the sphincter, the suppository may pop out.). 5. Hold buttocks together for five seconds. 6. For best results from the suppository, remain lying down for five minutes to avoid having the suppository come out. 7. The suppository will melt quickly once inserted and you should feel little or no discomfort while holding it in. 8. Avoid having a bowel movement for one to three hours after inserting the suppository.
For children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor. Please read the package for product warnings and complete labeling information.
Preparation H® Suppositories
|Cocoa butter 88.44%||Protectant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily relieves burning and shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For rectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before insertion of this product.
- detach one suppository from the strip; remove the foil wrapper before inserting into the rectum as follows:
- hold suppository with rounded end up
- as shown, carefully separate foil tabs by inserting tip of fingernail at end marked "peel down"
- slowly and evenly peel apart (do not tear) foil by pulling tabs down both sides, to expose the suppository
- remove exposed suppository from wrapper
- insert one suppository into the rectum up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at 20°-25°C (68-77°F).
corn starch, methylparaben, propylparaben.
Questions or comments?
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374
LBL Document Number: LBL-00000400 (Version 1.0)