PREPARATION H® Ointment
PREPARATION H® Ointment
PREPARATION H® Ointment relieves both internal and external hemorrhoid symptoms. It temporarily shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue and provides prompt, soothing relief from painful burning, itching and discomfort.
RELIEVES: SWELLING, BURNING, ITCHING, DISCOMFORT
- Temporarily shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue
- Works immediately to protect against further irritation
- Relieves external and internal discomfort
- Provides soothing layer of protection
External and Internal
- 1 oz.
- 2 oz.
Adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying this ointment. Apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning and after each bowel movement. Can be applied to external area or internal area (with applicator).
For Internal Use:
1. Wash your hands before and after. Try to empty your bowel and bladder just before use. 2. Remove protective cover from applicator. Attach applicator to tube. 3. Squeeze to fill the applicator with ointment. 4. Lubricate applicator well and then gently insert applicator into the rectum ½ inch. 5. Squeeze the tube so that ointment is applied inside rectum. 6. Thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace protective cover. 7. Avoid having a bowel movement for one to three hours after inserting the ointment.
To Clean the Applicator:
Wash it with warm water and gentle soap then thoroughly rinse it with water.
For children under 12 years of age, consult a doctor. Please read the package for product warnings and complete labeling information.
Preparation H® Ointment
|Mineral oil 14%||Protectant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external and/or intrarectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- intrarectal use:
- remove cover from applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum
- thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- also apply ointment to external area
- regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, corn oil, glycerin, lanolin, lanolin alcohols, methylparaben, mineral oil, paraffin, propylparaben, purified water, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf oil, tocopherols excipient, white wax
Questions or comments?
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374
LBL Document Number: LBL-00000401 (Version 1.0)